Job Opportunities: Join Our Team
Junior Event Producer
Posted: December 3, 2014
Duration: January 6th, 2015 – June 5th, 2015
Compensation: 6 month contract, $7500
Location: 70 East India Row, Boston MA
Time: Full time, plus weekly night-time events
Design Museum Boston is seeking a talented Junior Events Producer to plan, manage, and execute repeating museum events, and generate content online and on social media. The position is full-time and reports to the Events & Content Producer of the museum.
The Junior Events Producer will:
- Design the structure of each event including: schedule, layout, activities, and themes.
- Plan multiple events at one time, creating a calendar of programming.
- Research and coordinate with venues, acquire any necessary agreements and/or permits.
- Solicit vendors for in-kind donations, work with vendors, and negotiate vendor contracts.
- Solicit and arrange promotional partner agreements.
- Identify prospects and solicit event sponsorships.
- Acquire, coordinate, manage, schedule, and energize event volunteers.
- Communicate and work with presenters and other special guests.
- Create graphics and write copy to promote events.
- Coordinate creation/printing of marketing materials and signage.
- Market events through web, social media, traditional media, and PR.
- Organize event materials, setup/strike-down for events, secure and coordinate pickup/delivery of supplies before and after each event.
- Supervise event check-in, greet attendees, introduce program and presenters, act as primary point person for event management.
- Assist in overseeing sponsor presence fulfillment before, during, and after each event.
- Assist in sponsor/vendor acknowledgment and thank yous before, during, and after each event.
- Manage post-event communication and sales — as well as post-event blog posts, social media, and photo/video content.
Qualified applications will have/be:
- Experience managing multiple projects and planning activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- A self-starter who can receive direction but also contribute under uncertainty.
- Extremely organized.
- Passion for design and education.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to speak publicly, and negotiate.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to interact and sell professionally.
- Graphic design skills a big plus.
- Knowledge of Mac OSX, Apple iWork suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Salesforce, and WordPress/html.
- A strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Hard worker, able to learn while doing to help this startup grow.
- Full-time schedule with the addition of evening events.
- Must have valid OR driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team, sometimes under high stress.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift at least 50lbs.
- Reporting to the Events & Content Producer
- On-site at Design Museum Boston’s office at 70 East India Row, Boston, MA
- On Mondays we work from home!
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending the following to: email@example.com
- Resume/ CV
- Cover letter
- Please answer the following questions in your application email:
- Why do you love events?
- What’s your single greatest accomplishment?
- What were you for halloween last year?
- What’s your favorite movie?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be?